Information architect and user experience designer
Senior User Experience Designer with extensive experience aligning
business and user goals to create successful e-commerce, entertainment, and collaboration experiences.
Bring together performance metrics, user research, market trends, and competitive analysis to optimize the business strategy and user experience.
Experience includes designing online communities and entertainment portals for companies such as Verizon and AOL. Optimize e-commerce and customer service properties for companies such as BellSouth, ADP, and AT&T.
Shopping carts, checkout, and form design
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Webtrends and other metrics applications, Google Webmaster Tools
Storyboarding and dynamic prototyping
Card sorting, usability testing, surveys
User research, task analysis, user journey, and persona creation
Drupal and WordPress CMS Systems
User Experience Designer
Atlanta, GA – Feb 2014 to Feb 2017
Optimize and enhance the user experience for AT&T’s self service customer service portal: myAT&T.
– Strategize daily with business leads to discuss new enhancements, and to optimize the user experience of existing customer service properties.
– Produce detailed desktop and mobile flows to map the user paths.
– Design detailed wire frames for desktop and mobile pages and apps.
– Participate in discussions guiding the user experience starting with business ideation, through the high-level and detailed design stages, and including html development, and user acceptance and usability testing.
User Experience Designer
Atlanta, GA – Dec 2010 to Oct 2013
Use iRise to create design simulations for highly complex client and
internal facing online tax applications in an Agile environment.
– Create iRise simulations for redesigns and new product designs
for ADP online properties.
– Plan Agile iterations, and help refine requirements and discuss design simulations with ADP business stakeholders.
– Incorporate new design solutions into ADP’s design pattern library.
Duluth, GA – Aug 2008 Nov 2009
and May 2010 Nov 2010
Combine and redesign divisional websites into an enterprise wide
user-centered SharePoint portal.
– Audit and inventory five divisional intranets.
– Use site traffic metrics, surveys, and task analysis to study
how associates obtain information to accomplish tasks and goals.
– Reconcile divisional intranet information into one company wide
user centered information architecture.
– Identify key content and create an enterprise-wide taxonomy for use with faceted search, highly targeted personalization, and push content.
– Implement taxonomy in MOSS using metadata linked to content types.
– Create global navigation, page layouts, and key templates.
Web Strategy/Interaction Designer
Atlanta, GA – Sep 2006 to Jan 2008
Redesign customer order flows for higher conversion rates and customer satisfaction.
– Monitor metrics, surveys and task analysis results to inform design opportunities. Map new process flows and design the web pages for them.
– Design metrics-based enhancements to online billing, new customer order flows, customer ordering, and account maintenance flows.
– Test designs before deployment, and monitor metrics after deployment for total conversions, conversion rates, and customer satisfaction.
– Help develop strategies for merging the BellSouth, AT&T, Cingular,
and SBC customer experience, business processes, ecommerce flows, and website style guides.
Reston, VA, and Carlsbad, CA – Feb 2004 to Sep 2006
Guide the design strategy and methodology used for portal initiatives.
– Analyze and document existing Verizon Portal content, infrastructure, and navigation, and identify opportunities and strategies for improvement.
– Helped craft the strategy for, and led the redesign of the Verizon
Central Portal, Small Business portal, and Broadband Beat community.
– Integrated top tier news, video, games, and children’s content and
helped oversee the creation of a Verizon DSL and Fios community with blogs and moderated forums.
– Create strategy briefs, wireframes, interaction flows, and other
deliverables to communicate the design to developers and stakeholders.
– Monitor card sorting and user testing, and integrate improvements.
– B.A., Marketing, Radford University, Radford Virginia
– Certification: iRise Experienced v8.5, Jan. 2011.
– Web Trends Essentials and Custom Reports (4-day class), Aug. 2009.
– Ongoing training in multiple areas including SEO, SEM,
project management, responsive design, and mobile design.
– Certifications: HTML 4.0, and Web Design for Accessibility, Brainbench, March 2004.